CLP & Allergens
The CLP Regulation (for "Classification, Labelling and Packaging") is a European Union regulation which requires all chemical substances to be classified for their hazards and labelled accordingly.
All of our products are fully CLP compliant. You will find the appropriate labelling on the base / reverse of each product, as per the legal requirement.
If the fragrance oil used to make your product contains any allergen triggers, these will be clearly and individually stated on the CLP label.
We fully recommend that you read through the CLP label before handling or melting your wax, especially if you suffer from any allergies.
If you have any queries or concerns prior to purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.
First things first, please always ensure that the burner you are using is suitable for wax products. Although this sounds pretty obvious, some burners are only suitable for melting oils, some for wax, and some are able to accommodate both.
This generally depends the size of the dish, the space between the heat source and the dish, and the maximum heat that the lamp can generate.
Always read the manufacturers information prior to using your burner, and only ever use our wax melts in approved burners. We recommend a minimum of 10cm space between the flame or bulb, and the dish to avoid overheating.
We currently stock a wide selection of wax burners, and there is plenty of variety in size and shape. As our wax melts also vary in shape and volume, it is important to consider the depth and surface area of the melting dish before filling it with wax. It is easy to misjudge the volume of wax whist it's in solid form, and adding too much can cause the bowl to overspill once the wax liquifies.
Overfilling your burner with wax is dangerous, and is a serious safety concern! Overflowing wax can cause fire!
To avoid this, please add small chunks or pieces of wax to the bowl gradually, until the required melted quantity is reached. To reach the maximum potential from your melts, you only need enough to create a shallow pool covering the bottom of your warmer once melted.
Always keep burners out of the reach of children and pets.~x~Do not use 8hr, maxi tea-lights, votives or other candles in your burner. These increase the risk of overheating.~x~Extinguish any tea-lights immediately if the flame becomes enlarged, makes contact with the wax melt burner, or begins to smoke.~x~Never leave a candle unattended.~x~Never move a burner whilst it is on/lit or whilst the wax or oil is hot and melted~x~Remove all packaging from your burner and wax before use~x~Always ensure your burner is on a level, flat, cool, heat resistant surface away from draughts, other heat sources and flammable objects.~x~Do not add water.~x~Do not use metal or sharp objects to clean out wax as this may crack or damage the burner or cause injury.~x~Do not apply excessive pressure when cleaning or removing wax from the burner. This may cause damage or weakness to the structure, and risk breakage the next time it is used.~x~Ensure that whilst heat is being applied from below, there is sufficient oil or wax in the glass dish at ALL times. Heating the bowl from below whilst there is no oil/wax in it could cause the bowl or dish to crack, as there is nothing absorbing the heat.~x~Although some may smell it, none of our wax is edible - DO NOT EAT. Please ensure it is kept away from children or pets who may think it looks tasty.